Friday, June 8, 2007

Caregiver.....Nursing

I remember when I first started studying Caregiver in Cebu Normal University, Philippines and later in Medical Institute of Technology, TN thinking this will be a ticket for me to go to Canada (but I end up here in US, that's another story) and the work is not that hard especially when we did our clinicals and labs; It was easy because you were with your friends and classmates. But in reality when I became a Certified Nursing Assistant here in the US, it was tiring. You're always on your feet all the time, eventhough there's lifting machine to help you lift the heavier residents you still do some of the work. My feet was really hurting and my foot massage spa don't ease the pain. So I really admire all those people who can endure all the hard work, it's not easy! And dealing with constant sickness, getting to know them, becoming close to them but ending up saying goodbye to them is really an emotional stressful job. The pay is not that much but its doable I guess.

Well, I'm proud to say that two of my sisters are nurses and one of them already graduated(actually BSN is her second course the first being BS Pyshc) and the other youngest is to follow. Hope they could endure all the hardship this career path they are taking. I gave them the best of luck and I pray that they'll pass their board exams. And to all the nurses out there, God Bless you!

No comments: